Monday, November 8, 2010

Time flies

Well it's been a while since my last post. That's cause I've just been having too much fun to stop and write to be honest. A lot's happened in the last while, so it'll unfortunately have to be a bulletted list update
  • Left Bath for Bristol and stayed with Mandy's friends who were good people and great hosts. They showed us around Bristol, including some cool graffiti (Bristol is Banksy's hometown). That night we went to a house party. Apparently it was nothing out of the ordinary for there...but it's definitely unlike any houseparty I've been to. Hard to really describe it...so I won't. Just kinda crazy.
  • The following day I left for London to meet up with the rest of the Core Four as we had taken to calling ourselves. London consisted of strolls through many beautiful parks (Hyde, Regents, Kensington, and probably more that I'm not thinking of), Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Thames, trying to comprehend the Australian fascination with Squirrels, the British Museum, getting shut out of pubs way too early, Trafalgar Square, etc.
  • After a few days of London shenanigans, Liz, Dan, and I decided to cross the Channel and head for Belgium. Hayley stayed behind in London for a friend, which is too bad, but understandable. We'll hopefully cross paths again! The 3 of us started in Brussels (lost and confused), but eventually found our way to the hostel as well as plenty of fun. We hit up a bar the first night and must have enjoyed some of Belgium's finest beers a little too much, because we only ended up back at the hostel after sunrise. Brussels is a busy town with some beautiful architecture. We did lots of exploring in between stops for chocolates, waffles, and of course more beers.
  • Bruges. Got here yesterday and explored the town. Liz was brave enough to climb the high tower and got a great view of the city. Dan and I climbed into the nearest pub. Later we took a boat tour of the canals of Bruges. And generally just walked around and discovered the beautiful town. Very picturesque. Don't believe Collin Ferrell, it's not a shithole.
So now you're caught up. Liz the Leader is leaving us today for France (despite our begging), so Dan and I will be heading to Amsterdam for a boy's trip today. I'm not sure how we'll have fun there on our own, but I'm sure we'll manage. Until next time!

Oh and I actually managed to take some pictures. Here you go!

3 comments:

  1. That is one wild beard you've got going on there, bud.

    Nice pictures otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am living vicariously thru you sweets!!!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some good times! Have fun in Amsterdam, don't do anyone I wouldn't do!

    ReplyDelete